Wednesday, May 4, 2011

When it rains, it pours!

The past few weeks have been very eventful. Our church family has been hit hard with losses of loved ones and illnesses left and right. Even though I don't know why these events have come into play, I know that MY God has a purpose and MY God has a plan. With that said, I'd like to share about what I have been dealing with personally. I have been blessed with an amazing husband for 3 years and I love him dearly. We have been blessed with a very energetic little boy, Grant (20 months old). I love my life as a wife and mother and I know that this is the role that God has created me for. My husband Tyler and I have been trying to conceive a second child since November 2010 (1/2 a year which seems like an eternity!) with no luck at all. It only took a week to conceive Grant so you can imagine the frustration! Since having Grant in September 2009, my body after baby has been anything but normal. I've been in and out of the doctor's office with the end result being I am not ovulating. I am now doing the "fertility medication" route. Second round of Clomid, going from 50mg to 100mg, along with an everyday prenatal. It seems as if I'm doing everything right, right?
Wrong!!! Until recently, I have been just doing what I think I need to do instead of asking God what He wants me to do. I believe wholeheartedly that the Lord has used this experience to draw me closer to Him. And indeed He has! I have such a hunger for the Word. Once I start reading, I can't stop. I pay closer attention to what I listen to on the radio, what I watch on tv, how I react to stressful situations, what I allow to come out of my mouth, and how I live my life in general. I have to remember, that I am a representative of God. What I do or say reflects upon Him. My ultimate goal in life is to be able to serve my God according to His Word and to know that I do everything within me to honor and glorify Him. This is what the Bible says we as Christians are called to do. I have placed this heavy burden in the Lord's hands and have let go of the reigns...for I never really had them anyway. I know that MY God is the Author and Finisher of my life and I'm finally at peace with that. Thank you Lord for speaking to me thru the trials I face and in the Word you give me everyday. I pray this testimonial has given you a little ray of sunshine and you can rest assure that the Lord is on your side and will carry you thru the darkest of your days. Just trust in Him and surrender your all...Completely! "Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

2 comments: