Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Bliss!

I hope each and every mother had a wonderful Mother's Day yesterday. I know I did! Celebrating Mother's Day for me actually began Saturday night. My boys took me out to eat and we did a little shopping. We ate at one of my favorite places, Cracker Barrell. Nothing like a good "southern" meal! After eating we went to home depot and bought a new sink (we are in the middle of remodeling our kitchen-will post pics soon). We already bought new countertops, which is also part of my mother's day. After the home depot, we went to Target, one of my favorite places! I got a new dress and cardigan that I wore to church Sunday and also a necklace and earring set from Premier Jewelry that I ordered earlier. I had an amazing time with both of my boys! They definitely know how to make me feel like a princess! :)
Sunday morning, I woke up and began my normal routine. I began getting myself ready for church and came to get my powder out of my purse when I saw Grant in his high-chair and heard Tyler say, "Don't come in here!" Uh-oh, they're up to something....but what? So i went about my business and finished getting ready and Tyler told me the coast was clear and I could come into the dining room now. My precious baby boy then handed me an evelope with "Mommy" written on it and said, "Color?" So I opened the evelope and it was the sweetest card that he personally colored just for me! Oh, what joy that little boy brings to my life! Then, I saw a second envelope with a plate full of Shipley's donut holes and a new 4-pack of Extra Spearmint flavored gum (both are my favorite!) I opened the envelope and there was a second Mother's Day card, this time from my wonderful hubby. It had a personalized note in it that made me cry. What blessings God has given to me in my husband and son!!
Church was WONDERFUL!!!! In Sunday school, we read about the story of Esther. If you're not familiar with this story, I encourage you to read it. It's a powerful story about a woman who made a difference with the Lord's help. The lesson talked about being a role model for our children, husbands, family members, and friends. I pray God will work in me and through me so I can be a role model for my child and that I would be pleasing to the Lord. During our worship service,  my grandmother came and sat with us and the message was phenomenal! Bro. Gene Douglas preached about mothers and their walk with the Lord. We read Matthew 15:21-28. This message was about the faith of a canaanite woman. Her daughter was demon-possessed and she knew the only hope for her daughter was to take her to Jesus, the Messiah. The woman knew that Jesus is not just a way, but He's THE WAY! Vs 25: "The woman came and knelt before Him. "Lord, help me!" she cried."--She knew who God was on a personal level (salvation) and she worshipped Him and asked for His divine intervention. Vs 28: "Then Jesus answered, "Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted." And her daughter was healed from that very hour." WOW! For the Lord to look on her and tell her she has great faith and answer her request! Don't we all want that from our God? I know I do! What a beautiful message the Lord gave us that day. *In times that don't make sence to us, He is developing our faith. Get down before God, on your knees, and worship Him. He will receive the honor and glory.*Not only was it a beautiful message, but during the invitaion, 5 people came forward and said they accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior! Praise God, for He is good!
After church, we visited with both sides of the family and ate and ate and ate! My mother in law gave me a little happy, too. Tyler, Grant and I also took a ride on the tractor and played the rest of the day! :) I pray that each one of you had a wonderful day and that you celebrated Mother's Day rejoicing in the Lord!
Here's a few pictures from Sunday:

Premier Jewelry set the boys gave me

Card and Book from my mother in law and a devotional from the church

Project (top) Grant made for me @ church, card (left) from Tyler, and card (right) from Grant

Grant getting ready to ride the tractor

Daddy and Grant

again...

Mama and Grant

1 comment:

  1. My son got the same card your husband got for you :) I love your blog :))
    - Mayumi

    ReplyDelete